12826847

Hi, my son is on police bail pending further enquiries, the

Hi, my son is on police bail pending further enquiries, the bail condition is that he cannot return to my house or his fathers house. He stole some money from me and I have made a statement. He has Mental health issues and has previously been sectioned. I have heard that he is sleeping on the streets and is suicidal. I would like him to come home as my only concern is his safety. Can I get the bail conditions dropped so that he can come home where I know he will be safe from himself?

I'm really sorry but its not that simple I'm afraid.

You can certainly ask the OIC to consider this. Unfortunately though conditions of police bail are a matter for the police and the justification here will be that he will interfere with witnesses and obstruct the course of justice if allowed to return.

It is possible that they could relent if its just a low level theft but it would be irresponsible of me to tell you that it is likely they would want him to return to the property of a prosecution witness.

Sorry thats probably not the answer you wanted but it is the position that you have and I have a duty to give you truthful and accurate information even though its not what I want to say.

Hope this helps. Please rate my answer OK SERVICE or above and I can answer your related questions.