How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 71128
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

Hi, my son is on police bail pending further enquiries, the

This answer was rated:

Hi, my son is on police bail pending further enquiries, the bail condition is that he cannot return to my house or his fathers house. He stole some money from me and I have made a statement. He has Mental health issues and has previously been sectioned. I have heard that he is sleeping on the streets and is suicidal. I would like him to come home as my only concern is his safety. Can I get the bail conditions dropped so that he can come home where I know he will be safe from himself?

I'm really sorry but its not that simple I'm afraid.

You can certainly ask the OIC to consider this. Unfortunately though conditions of police bail are a matter for the police and the justification here will be that he will interfere with witnesses and obstruct the course of justice if allowed to return.

It is possible that they could relent if its just a low level theft but it would be irresponsible of me to tell you that it is likely they would want him to return to the property of a prosecution witness.

Sorry thats probably not the answer you wanted but it is the position that you have and I have a duty to give you truthful and accurate information even though its not what I want to say.

Hope this helps. Please rate my answer OK SERVICE or above and I can answer your related questions.

Jo C. and other Law Specialists are ready to help you