How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 71056
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

I am currently on the sick due to having a operation I have

Customer Question

I am currently on the sick due to having a operation I have been told I am not entitled to any benefits due to non payment of national insurance last year and that my partner has to support me, is this true
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Jo C. replied 4 years ago.
-Could you explain your situation a little more?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I have tried to claim benefits but they are saying I am not entitled to anything so I have no money at all but they are saying its because I paid no national insurance contribution last year because I was out of the country

Expert:  Jo C. replied 4 years ago.

There are certain benefits that are affected by a failure to maintain national insurance I'm afraid.

You cannot normally claim ESA unless you have paid contributions in the last three tax years.

You may be eligible for SSP but then you would need to be off work for that.

Sorry thats probably not the answer you wanted but it is the position that you have and I have a duty to give you truthful and accurate information even though its not what I want to say.

Hope this helps. Please rate my answer OK SERVICE or above and I can answer your related questions.