How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 32086
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

i was left a care home in my mothers will last year as i cared

Customer Question

i was left a care home in my mothers will last year as i cared for her for over 8 years, my brother was registered manager of the home but left nothing, he resigned in january from cqc and i was in the process of the aplication as provider, cqc inspected the home last year and there was a large number of this wrong and over looked from cqc and my brother for a good few years, cqc have informed me know with social services to assess the residents in the home to close but i was told to wait till probate it was granted in january and with my brother just resigned only know i can try put right all of his wrongs but they are not helping me or given me charnce to resolve isues, social services say they have no problems with the care or records but with cqc putting in a complaint of section 21 they have to act by law. is there anything i can do to try resolve this as one resident is hear for 18 years and age 97. and i am appealing with my aplication as provider but not giving me time. can someone help me please?
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 4 years ago.

I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.

Thank you!
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

no i will wait any help will be good thank you.

Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 4 years ago.

We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.

Thank you for your patience,
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 4 years ago.

I apologize as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you like for us to close your question at this time?

Thank you for your patience,
Expert:  Joshua replied 4 years ago.
I have been asked to look at this question for you. This website is a great resource but it does have its limitations and having read your question I must tell you that whilst I could assist with some of the issues around the edges my view is 1) you require very specialist regulatory care legal advice and I am not aware that myself nor any of my colleagues have that particular expertise and 2) this is very involved and even were to have such expertise this question it would be irresponsible to try to answer here here in my view as access would be required to records and so on.

Whilst I would never wish to say this unless absolutely necessary my view would be that you should urgently seek specialist advice from a firm that specialises in this niche area as soon as possible.

I hope you will consider using this service again in the future - we are pleased to help with a very wide range of legal questions. Please let me know if you would like me to organise for a refund in this instance.

best wishes.