How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 35071
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practice since 1985 with a wide general experience.
Type Your Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

My husband made me sign divorce papers under Adultery because

Customer Question

My husband made me sign divorce papers under Adultery because he had complications with tax until April last year. We were separated since 2009(living in the same house), we could not say we were separated for that long under his tax issues(until 2012). We done an separation agreement and he changed the original time we were separated(2009). Then he filed Divorce now(to be fast) under Adultery. I m very stressed. Whats your advise?
Francine Hayes
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  James Mather replied 5 years ago.
Do you have a specific question?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Family hhome is under my name land registry . Can my husband get a claim on it on financial proceeds ? I have 3 children under 11 years old.
Expert:  James Mather replied 5 years ago.

Just because the house is in your sole name doesn't mean that it is safe from his matrimonial claim.

Can we have full background please including how long together and how long married, House value, mortgage, assets, savings, pensions ,and incomes?

What is your specific concern


I am offline shortly until later today

Expert:  Clare replied 5 years ago.
Thank you for your query.
Has he claimed that you have committed Adultery - or are you alleging adultery against him.
What is it that concerns you about this?