How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 71144
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

I have got 2 ccj on my record they are both satisfied how can

Customer Question

I have got 2 ccj on my record they are both satisfied how can i get them off the record as they are affecting me getting credit
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Jo C. replied 5 years ago.
I know this isn’t going to be the answer you want to hear, and it’s certainly not what I want to tell you. However, I wish to be completely honest with you, so I feel obligated to not give you false hope.

You cannot get them removed from your record by paying them off. They are still accurate records of your financial affairs.

What you can do is get them marked satisfied. You have to write to the court with evidence that the debt has been fully repaid, or a statement advising that reasonable steps have been taken to obtain this but you've been unable to do so and seek a certificate of satisfaction.

A CCJ marked satisfied is still a blemish on your credit rating and, at the moment, there is not much credit about. It is better than an unpaid CCJ though.

They do drop off automatically after 6 years from the date of judgment.

Sorry thats probably not the answer you wanted but it is the position that you have and I have a duty to give you truthful and accurate information even though its not what I want to say.

Hope this helps. Please rate my answer OK SERVICE or above and I can answer your related questions.