How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 35076
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practice since 1985 with a wide general experience.
Type Your Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

If I wanted to end my marriage of 4 months is it possible or

Customer Question

If I wanted to end my marriage of 4 months is it possible or do I have to wait for separation of a yesr. Can it be annuled as soon as posdible?
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  James Mather replied 5 years ago.
-Could you explain your situation a little more?
Expert:  Clare replied 5 years ago.
Thank you for your question I will do my best to assist.
I am afraid that in the Uk it is not possible to issue Divorce Proceedings until you have been married for at least a year.
You do not have to have been separated for a year - but you cannot issue the Petition until your first wedding anniversary.
It is possible to apply to annul the marriage at any time but the grounds are extremely limited - but are set out on the website here
These are very specific and would have to be proved
I hope this helps but please feet free to ask for more information