How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Max Lowry Your Own Question
Max Lowry
Max Lowry, Advocate
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 1457
Experience:  LLB, 10 years post qualification experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Max Lowry is online now

My wife owes me money to be payed back at £85 per month.There

Customer Question

My wife owes me money to be payed back at £85 per month.There is a signed Consent Order. If she emigrates to the U.S.A. is the order still binding?
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Max Lowry replied 4 years ago.

Max Lowry :

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. I will help you with your question.

Max Lowry :

Yes, the Order will still be binding upon her even though she might be in the USA. The issue will be one of enforcing that in the USA, which will require the Judgment to be registered in the USA and enforced there if necessary.