How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 32086
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

Could you let me know if I am entitled to the child benefit

Customer Question

Could you let me know if I am entitled to the child benefit that my ex wife claimed for my son who was living with me at the time.He lived with me from January 2008 until September 2011.Many thanks. Chris Cottrell
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Clare replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
I will do my best to assist you but I will need some further information first.
Did you say that you were told that you could make a retrospective claim?
Why did you not make a claim at the time?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I wanted to make every effort to keep to things as calm as possible. My ex wife was not emigrating to NZ at that time. She and her partner have some how managed to obtain a long term business visa which the children wanted to be included on this. My ex wife has sold her house last week so the move to NZ is imminent. I would like to have as much financial backing so that I am able to have as much contact with my children.

Expert:  Clare replied 4 years ago.
I understand that but need to know if they said you could make a Retrospective claim at all?
When did you speak to them?