How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask James Mather Your Own Question
James Mather
James Mather,
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 22629
Experience:  Senior Partner at Berkson Wallace
Type Your Law Question Here...
James Mather is online now

my husband has left to live with another woman and I am the

Customer Question

my husband has left to live with another woman and I am the primary parent to our two children aged 14 and 6, how much would he have to pay maintenance under the CSA?
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  James Mather replied 4 years ago.
Do you both work?

What marital assets do you both have?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

He is full time and I am part time, the house is rented so no mortgage but rent

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

are you still there?

Expert:  James Mather replied 4 years ago.

I am afraid that this is not an instant service because we all have clients
and court and all users and travelling and evenings and weekends, so sometimes
you will get a response in minutes and sometimes it may be hours.


CSA rates of child maintenance are 15% for one child, 20% for 2 and 25% for
3 or more children living 100% with the resident parent. That is reduced by 1/7
for each 52 nights the child stays with the non-resident parent. There is also
a reduction in the non-resident parent is responsible for other children. CSA
child maintenance is payable till the children reach 19 years old or leave
full-time non-advanced education. Non-advanced education is generally classed
as a level, not University, but there are some further education courses which
are not classed as advanced. Full-time courses can be as little as 12 hours per


Advanced education courses include: a degree,Diploma of Higher Education (DHE), NVQ level 4 or above, BTEC Higher National Certificate (HNC) or Higher National Diploma (HND), teacher training

'Non-advanced' education includes the following: GCSEs, A levels
NVQ/SVQ level 1, 2 or 3, BTEC National Diploma, National Certificate and 1st Diploma, SCE higher grade or similar

Can I help further?

Please bear with me today because I am online and off-line. Can I help


Please don't forget to positively rate my answer service (even if it was
not what you wanted to hear) and I will follow up any further points you raise
for free.

If you don't rate it positively, then the site keep your deposit and I get 0
for my time. It is imperative that you give my answer a positive rating. It
doesn't give me "a pat on the head", "good boy" (like ebay), it is my

If in ratings you feel that you expected more or it only helped a little,
please ask

Expert:  James Mather replied 4 years ago.
This appears in my list as requiring action from me. Can I assist further?