How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 32086
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

My sister and i jointly own shares in the Commonwealth Bank

Customer Question

My sister and i jointly own shares in the Commonwealth Bank of Australia (value approx £9,500) these belonged to our lat parents and have great sentimental value. We usually receive a dividend in April however when I checked as to why i hadnt received it i found the shares had been transferred on 21/12/12 (am checking with bank as to where/whom) but it seems my sister has transferred them for her own personal use. The sentimental value of these is enormous and i would like my share back (106 shares out of 212), as i would like to carry on passing them down my family. I have e-mailed the bank and am awaiting reply. How can I get them back- my sister denies anything has occurred.
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Alex J. replied 4 years ago.

Thank you for your question and welcome to Just Answer.

Do you have share certificates?

The shares can only be transferred with a valid instrument of transfer, is there anyway you could have agreed to this? Are the shares managed by a broker or on an electronic account?

Kind regards

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Valid answer.

Expert:  Alex J. replied 4 years ago.

Thank you.

Can you provide the further information I have requested and I will do all I can to assist you?

Kind regards