How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Alice H Your Own Question
Alice H
Alice H, Solicitor/Partner
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 2850
Experience:  Partner in national law firm
Type Your Law Question Here...
Alice H is online now

hi,i have a friend.from Saudi Arabia and he is going back home,he

Customer Question

hi,i have a friend.from Saudi Arabia and he is going back home,he want to sell his car to me,but I don't have the money for it, so he ask me to sell it for him,he give me the car and the v5,can I do that.also he said he may give it to me as a is it legal ,thanks
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Alice H replied 5 years ago.
Hello and welcome to Just Answer.

My name is Alex and I'm happy to help with your question today.

You should get something from your friend in writing to confirm that he has given you the car to sell.

There is nothing illegal about the arrangement. You can sell the car on your friends behalf. That is quite legal.

If he wants, he can give you the car as a gift. If so you will have to inform DVLA of the change of ownership using the V5 form.