How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 35042
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practice since 1985 with a wide general experience.
Type Your Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

my girl friend is moving in with her kids i have kids as well

Customer Question

my girl friend is moving in with her kids i have kids as well and own other property she as no money can she take any of myn after time and what percentage please paul
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Clare replied 5 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
I will do my best to assist you but I need some further information first.
How old are all the children and do your children live with you.
What financial contribution will she be making?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

her children are 12 and 13 and no ill be paying all bills she will be paying for her own food and her kids clothes

Expert:  Clare replied 5 years ago.
So long as that is the case - and you do not get married or have a child together - then your girlfriend will not acquire a financial interest in the property.
You woudl have to give her "Reasonable Notice" if you ever wished her to leave (at least 28 days) but that is all.
It would however be sensible to have a Cohabitation Agreement drawn up so that you both understand the position.
I hope this is of assistance butplease ask for further clarification if need be