How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 32086
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

I am living in uk 5 years with my husband and my younger doughter.

Customer Question

I am living in uk 5 years with my husband and my younger doughter. My husband is a Doctor Consultant but his behaviour is not normal. All the time he scolds us. One week he is fine second start and continue 3 days. He told me many times i am communist f**k, slut who just stretches legs, Hitler, f**king f**k, i wish you until you die of cancel and many many more.....
I im originaly from Czech republic. We have no neighbours my business is still in Czech republic. The same worlds he is using against my doughter she is in permanent stress.
He is originaly from India.
Can you tell me what can i do?
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Clare replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
I will do my best to assist you but I need some further information first.
How long have you been living together and how old is your daughter.
Do you wish to start divorce proceedings?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I am married 4 years and living here 5 years. Living in my husbands house. My doughter is in UK 3 years she will be 17 in Jun. I have my business in Czech Republic i spend every month 5-6 days in Czech.

My worry is how to go through divorce, my language is not good. My doughter is very stressed from this situation.

I am angry he moved me to UK and here I am without friends and he is very very cruel.

Expert:  Clare replied 4 years ago.
Do you wish to return home?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

My doughter start to study in UK 3 years ago. Now she is doing her GCSE and she want to continue. She find here lots of friends and she is happy. Because she is only 17 i can not leave her alone. Now husband is extremly nice promis everything but i know he start after short time again. I had problem many times when i was in Czech republic working in my business and doughter stay with him. Two times he expel her from home and she need to stay in our friends home till i come back.

I dont know how difficult and expensive will be divorce.


Thanks for your help.



Expert:  Clare replied 4 years ago.
What is the immigration status of you and your daughter?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

i have czech nationality and my doughter the same.

I am living 5 years with my husband in UK my doughter 3 years.

Czech republic is in EU.

Married 4 years - my husband is UK citizen 35 years.

Expert:  Clare replied 4 years ago.
For clarity you are saying I think that you wish to remain in the UK with your daughter (as you are entitled to do)
How much is the matrimonial home worth an dhow much is outstanding on the mortgage.
What other assets and debts do you each have and what income do you each have?