How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 32086
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

We have received a Notice of an Intention to commence proceedings

Customer Question

We have received a Notice of an Intention to commence proceedings in Northampton County Court with regard to an overdue payment. We did query the work done by this company about a year ago which led to costly delays but they did not reply to our query and we are not prepared to pay them till we get a reply. Our client incurred considerable costs because the company we hired to do the job did not stick to the timetable they had outlined to us & our client. Our client is now claiming she suffered considerable expense as a result of this and we feel we cannot justify chasing the payment until we get an explanation to the delays she is complaining about, because we did not do the work we cannot answer her complaints. Do we need to answer Northampton County Court now with a defence or contact this company yet again to try to get an answer out of them?
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Jo C. replied 4 years ago.

Thank you for your question . My name is Jo and I will try to help with this.

How much is claimed?