How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Michael Holly Your Own Question
Michael Holly
Michael Holly, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 7049
Experience:  I have 20 years of experience as a solicitor in litigation and other areas
Type Your Law Question Here...
Michael Holly is online now

me and my wife live in wife decidet to call an italian

Customer Question

me and my wife live in wife decidet to call an italian lawyer so that she could tell him what needed to be written on the will( this lawyer was already doing same work for us in italy so was already trusted by us).after this the italian lawyer then returns to italy ,writes the will and returns to the uk allowing my wife to read it and then sign in front of 2 witnesses.
My question is:
Is this valid for uk law?
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Michael Holly replied 4 years ago.

If you have property or assets in Italy and the UK or the Will is prepared in another country then the Will must specifically state that it is designed to cover also your property in the UK in order for it to be effective in the UK.If the Will does not state that then it will be assumed that it only applies to your property/assets in Italy.

I hope this clarifies the position. If there are any further points please reply.

Best wishes

Yours sincerely