How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 32426
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

Hi, I live in Wakefield West Yorks, the mother of my two children

Customer Question

Hi, I live in Wakefield West Yorks, the mother of my two children has moved to Peebles in Scotland, I have no info where they are exactly, she withdrew contact last October and I haven't seen them since. I have PR as my name is XXXXX XXXXX birth certificates. What rights have I got? I attempted to get contact but she didn't come to mediation. I made a court order but cancelled due to me having two assault charges in the last two years, which were unrelated to my kids (one was for being drunk and disorderly & then assaulting a police officer) the other was for assaulting a minor (I pushed him) for knocking on my window whilst my ex was heavily pregnant with our second child. I thought I would be wasting my time, and didn't want to look like a violent thug in front of her & a court.
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Clare replied 5 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
I will do my best to assist you but need some further information first.
When did they move to Scotland?