How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 32086
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

Hi. I am considering making an application under schedule 1

Customer Question

Hi. I am considering making an application under schedule 1 of the Children's Act for extra financial assistance for my youngest Son. I was not married. The Father pays £20 per week for this child on a Default Maintenance Decision via the CSA. The reason for this is that he claims he has no income and relies on friends and family to survive, although he runs his own business. My youngest Son is Autistic and I am in receipt of DLA ( higher rate) and Carers Allowance. I have been advised that I am able to claim to help meet the costs of his disability under a schedule 1, but realistically, do the Courts make orders in relation to this? I will be LIP and do not want to get out of my depth applying via the courts if there is little chance of achieving anything. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Clare replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
I will do my best to assist you but need some further information first.
What do you know about what assets your ex has?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hi Claire,


I am not sure he has any assets. For example, when he purchased his work vehicle, he registered it in his girlfriends mothers name. He is completely off the radar with regards to any credit applications, and HMRC have no current records of him ( he fails to complete tax returns). Everything he does is either in his girlfriends name, or her mothers name.