How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 71042
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

Ive been disqualified for drink above limit for 12 months

Customer Question

I've been disqualified for drink above limit for 12 months period.How can I apply to reduce the period of disqualification, because I'm professional driver and currently I'm not working.
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Jo C. replied 4 years ago.

Thank you for your question . My name is Jo and I will try to help with this.

What did you blow?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

FOR JOMO1972. I want to now please if I can reduce substantial the period of 12 months because I'm unable to work whithout my driving licence.

Expert:  Jo C. replied 4 years ago.

I know this isn’t going to be the answer you want to hear, and it’s certainly not what I want to tell you. However, I wish to be completely honest with you, so I feel obligated to not give you false hope.

I'm afraid that 12 months is the minimum ban period. Disqualification is mandatory for a drink driving offence.

There is no capacity to apply for removal from disqualification unless you have served at least 2 years upon a ban period.

If the sentence was more than 21 days ago then you could appeal to the Crown Court the whole sentence and ask to be sentenced again in the hope they will offer the drink driving course. If they do that would reduce the ban to nine months. The risk that they will increase it though and there would certainly be an increase in costs.

There is no exceptional hardship argument to avoid a ban for drink driving though I'm afraid. Unfortunately parliament didn't allow for that in the legislation.

Sorry thats probably not the answer you wanted but it is the position that you have and I have a duty to give you truthful and accurate information even though its not what I want to say.

Hope this helps. Please rate my answer OK SERVICE or above and I can answer your related questions.