How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 32086
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

On Sept 7 2010 my solicitor won me a Judgement order in Ipswich

Customer Question

On Sept 7 2010 my solicitor won me a Judgement order in Ipswich county court. This was for some land in Needham Market.The defendant did not pay the monies I was owed nor have I been able to sell this land as unknown to me there was already a unilateral notice on this land. I have been trying to sort this out myself as the solicitor has been very unhelpful.Last week on speaking to another solicitor he asked to see a copy of my judgement order I explained that I have never had this he advised that I send for a copy from the county court . On receiving this today it states that I can claim possession of the defendants home address-this is not the address that I have the charge on . We are now totally confused and do not know what to do next. Any help[ you can give us would be greatfully received.
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Alex J. replied 4 years ago.

Thank you for your question.

Currently what property do you have a charging order over? Have you checked at the Land Registry that he is the proprietor of that property?

Kind regards

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

The charge is for land at needham market,we have the land registry copy of the official register that shows he is the proprieter.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

why have you not responded

Expert:  Alex J. replied 4 years ago.

Thank you my apologies there have been a few technical difficulties with the site.

This sounds like the court have made a mistake. If you have a final charging order against his needham property this is the property you can apply for an order for sale for.

Can you first just check with the court they haven't made an error and let me know? You'd be surprised how frequent such errors occur?

Kind regards