How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 32086
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

Hi, Deed poll problem do not know what to do. I have

Customer Question


Deed poll problem do not know what to do.

I have a British passport which expired 3 months ago and think I can renew.

My father changed my name by deed poll when I was nine - 45 years ago. I do not seem to be able to get an orginial of that deed poll just a old copy photocopy prior to photocopiers, but not certified.

So my only official; proof of identity seesm to be my passport. What else can i do?

Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  James Mather replied 4 years ago.

What exactly is the problem?

Why hasn't this cropped up before? We need full background please. Thanks