How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Joshua Your Own Question
Joshua, Lawyer
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 26070
Experience:  LL.B (Hons), Higher Prof. Dip. Law & Practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Joshua is online now

We have an ongoing claim with travel medical insurance company.

Customer Question

We have an ongoing claim with travel medical insurance company. The financial ombudsman has ruled in our favour and has recommended that this organisation pay the maximum for pain, distress and delay in responding to health problems my son has experienced working abroad. The medical assistance company have rejected the ombudsman's recommendations and have only offered a token £150. This sum is derisory and does not reflect what my son has been going through over the last ten months. We want to take this further. His condition has been badly affected by there inability to react quickly and decisively. Although he has been back in England since October, he has had major surgery and several invasive procedures in the UK. He still sees a nurse daily who cleans and dresses his wounds. He is under the doctor at the hospital. What are our options? He is not able to work due to his health.
Elizabeth Sullivan
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Joshua replied 4 years ago.

Josh-2010 :

Thanks for your question. Please kindly RATE my answer when you are satisfied

Josh-2010 :

Has the ombudsman made a final decision in the matter yet please?