How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 35077
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practice since 1985 with a wide general experience.
Type Your Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

There is courtorder stop me seeing my children through social

Customer Question

There is courtorder stop me seeing my children through social services. my mother has been given resdency. does the order automatically stop when they are eighteen or can this carry on for any reason as there is a child protection history.
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  James Mather replied 4 years ago.
What is the exact wording of the order?
Expert:  Clare replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
It depends if this is an Order made within Care Proceedings - which will end when the children are 18, or a normal Residence Order that will end when the young person is 16.
However obviously if your children have children of their own then your contact with your grandchildren will be restricted because of the child protection issue
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further information