How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Max Lowry Your Own Question
Max Lowry
Max Lowry, Advocate
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 1457
Experience:  LLB, 10 years post qualification experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Max Lowry is online now

I seem to have had a judgement made against me without being

Customer Question

I seem to have had a judgement made against me without being made aware of the case being brought to court.
What can I do about this?
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Max Lowry replied 4 years ago.

Max Lowry :

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. I will help you with your question.

Max Lowry :

Have you seen the claim form that was issued against you? And if so, does it have your correct address on it?

JACUSTOMER-joe7ww1l- : I have not seen a claim form,
Max Lowry : Can I ask how you knew about the judgment?
Max Lowry :

Basically, you can apply to set the judgment aside if you've never received the claim for.

Max Lowry :

You would make the application on Form N244 and lodge it in the county county explaining that you've never received the claim form and that you have a defence and you should state what that defence is. The Court will then call a hearing to determine whether your judgment should be set aside.