How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 34895
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practice since 1985 with a wide general experience.
Type Your Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

hello, Need an advice on a divorce case where the respondent

Customer Question

hello, Need an advice on a divorce case where the respondent is now residing overseas and is claiming that he did not receive the petition - the respondent now wants to proceed with signing an affidavit where he is allowing the judge to proceed with the case. Is there any special format for the affidavit to be drafted and presented in the UK court
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Clare replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for your question, I shall do my best to assist you.
Unfortunately the ground that you have chosen to use requires a positive response from your ex - t is not enough just to proved that he has seen the petition you need written evidence that he agrees to the divorce itself.
This can be by way of a simple letter if he is willing to send that - coupled with evidence that the paperwork was served upon him.
I hope that this is of assistance to you - please ask if you need further clarification