How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 32177
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

I have just disinstructed my expensive solicitor. My husband

Customer Question

I have just disinstructed my expensive solicitor. My husband ignores everything. I am the petitioner - my petition has been accepted by the Court but he will not sign it. Can I serve it on him myself? I am trying to get divorced I want reasonable maintenance pending the reinstatement of my Army Widow's pensions. I am on low income, I am 64, my husband is Doctor on a large income. I left home due to domestic abuse, he is not disputing this but will not sign the petition. I heard that there is such a thing as an 'assisted solicitor' who will check the paperwork for a nominal fee is this correct? How can I take this forward. I have completed Form E.

From CG
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  James Mather replied 4 years ago.
Hello, I am Law Denning and I am a practising solicitor in a High Street practice. I have been an expert on this website in UK law since 2008. During that time, as you appreciate, I have answered thousands of questions from satisfied users on a variety of subjects. Because we are all in practice with clients and court and other users, I might not always respond in minutes. Please bear with me in that case

It is my pleasure to try and assist you with this today. Please bear with me while I gather some further information from you in order for me to be able to advise you fully.

Unless I have all the facts that I need, my answer would not be accurate.

Do you have a specific question?
Expert:  Clare replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for your question I shall do my best to assist
What ground is the Petition based on?