How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 71056
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

Is there a right to go about ones lawful employment

Customer Question

Is there a right to go about ones lawful employment
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 4 years ago.

Ben Jones :

Hello, my name is Ben and it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. Before proceeding please note that as I am a practising solicitor, I am often in and out of meetings, travelling between clients or even at court when I pick your question up. This may even occur at weekends. Therefore, I apologise in advance but there may be a delay in getting back to you and providing my advice. Please be patient and I will respond as soon as I can. You do not have to wait here and you will receive an email when I have responded. For now please let me know your circumstances in more detail.

JACUSTOMER-ui7bl7ou- :

I have parked my work vehicle opposite my home for the past eighteen weeks. For the past fifteen years or so the has been a parking restriction which allows a one hour wait, with no return for three hours, Monday to Saturday inclusive. This parking restriction has never been enforced until now. There is absolutely no where else to park. If I can’t park my vehicle at night and at the weekends then I can’t have the vehicle, if I can’t have the vehicle then I can’t work. Is this preventing from working under the Human Rights Act?

BucksCounty Council say that they would issue Residents Permits have no funds to change the current arrangements

Expert:  Jo C. replied 4 years ago.

Thank you for your question . My name is Jo and I will try to help with this.

I have been asked to look at this.

I do completely see why you are aggrieved about this but ultimately we are all hampered by the law.

I know this isn’t going to be the answer you want to hear, and it’s certainly not what I want to tell you. However, I wish to be completely honest with you, so I feel obligated to not give you false hope.

Unfortunately you don't have a human right to work anyway. A right to work is not a right under the HRA. Its really as simple as that. There is just plain no challenge.

You can always complain to your councillor about the restriction.

If its a new restriction then you can complain to the Council Ombudsman but you seem to be saying its always been there and they have only just started to enforce. Unfortunately the councils are staffed by jobsworths.

I'm sorry this isn't the answer you wanted but it is the position that you face and I have a duty to inform you truthfully.

Hope this helps. Please let me know if you need more information.