I splitt from my girlfriend about 15 months ago, we have a

Customer Question

I splitt from my girlfriend about 15 months ago, we have a little boy just over 2 and I had contact with him everyday and he stayed every other day. I have recently started seeing a new girlfriend and because of this she has stopped access, if I go to court will they respect the previous arrangement or will they just give me weekends?
Thank you for your question I shall do my best to assist you
The laws says that a child is entitled to regular contact with both parents - and the courts will enforce that.
The court would expect any new partner to be introduced gradually but it would only be a major problem if the new partner was known to be a risk to children
However the priority for the court will be establishing a stable pattern of contact - and I have to say that it is unlikely that staying alternate nights with each parent is unlikely to be seen as a stable pattern - although sharing the week in blocks may well be seen as reasonable.
You and your ex need to try and discuss matters using Family mediation ( and you can also find assistance on the website here
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further information