How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 71053
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

I am having a dreadful time with bromley council tax benefit.

Customer Question

I am having a dreadful time with bromley council tax benefit. They have had all my evidence twice, once by hand and once by e mail. They are now alleging that I failed to disclose a bank account. I have a joint account with my partner. We do not live together and he is not a party to my claim. As I am disabled, he does a lot of running around for me so we both pay an amount in each month and each month he takes out his expenses. The bank account they are referring to is where it showes on the joint account statment that he has transferred money over to his personal account. They are no saying that, unless he discloses his bank statements, they will close my claim. I don't see how I can compel a thrid party to disclose thier personal financial details. Are they abler to do this?
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Jo C. replied 4 years ago.

Remus2004 :


Thank you for your question . My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will try to help with this.

Remus2004 :

Are you ok?

Expert:  Jo C. replied 4 years ago.

I have converted this to Q and A as I'm not sure you are able to respond.

Can you see this?