How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 71050
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

my daughter has been in care since 13th april i have report

Customer Question

my daughter has been in care since 13th april i have report it to dvla as she has a mobilty car and now received a letter to say return the car within 14days from mobilty i did contact them 3weeeks ago to inform them daughter in cae but i was still visiting her plus court case children services meeting also school meeting lac meeting, could you please advice me
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Jo C. replied 4 years ago.

Thank you for your question . My name is Jo and I will try to help with this.My tenant

In order to give you an answer tailored to your circumstances, I will just need to ask you some preliminary questions so that I can consider your position from all angles.

How old is she?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

15yrs 19th may 2013

Expert:  Jo C. replied 4 years ago.
Sorry, I see what you mean.

You mean that she has a blue badge which you drive on her behalf?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

yes i drive her to hospitals etc

Expert:  Jo C. replied 4 years ago.

Is your question whether you can stop that?

Do you have any reason to drive her now?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

until the final court case in august cant answer question 1


now not at the moment just for court cases ect, as explained in last question

Expert:  Jo C. replied 4 years ago.
Sorry, I meant whether you could stop them withdrawing the blue badge entitlement?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 4 years ago.
Or the mobility car? Whichever applies?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 4 years ago.
Actually, don't worry. I see whats happened here.

I do completely see why you are aggrieved about this but ultimately we are all hampered by the law.

I know this isn’t going to be the answer you want to hear, and it’s certainly not what I want to tell you. However, I wish to be completely honest with you, so I feel obligated to not give you false hope.

I'm afraid this is a mobility vehicle rather than a blue badge as I had thought.

You have a mobility vehicle in order to drive your daughter to appointments. Since she is in the care of social services they want the vehicle back and I'm afraid they are entitled to it.

It would be different if this were a blue badge. Then you could use it to take her to appointments even though she is no longer in your care. Some of the journeys you describe would not fall into blue badge category though as they are about transporting you rather than her.

I'm sorry this isn't the answer you wanted but it is the position that you face and I have a duty to inform you truthfully.

Hope this helps. Please let me know if you need more information.