How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 32086
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

I have for the past fourteen years been drinking in the same

Customer Question

I have for the past fourteen years been drinking in the same pub without incident. The license holder has taken on a new doorman who has taken a dislike to me .I have reported him to the license holder twice inconnection with smart comments without anything being done about it. Last Saturday week he had an opportunity while the barman was not around and told him I called him a dope which is a name I would call nobody and I got barred for it. My name is XXXXX XXXXX and I wish to sue can you give advice please. p.s. this doorman does not display his license
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Jo C. replied 4 years ago.

Thank you for your question . My name is Jo and I will try to help with this.

In order to give you an answer tailored to your circumstances, I will just need to ask you some preliminary questions so that I can consider your position from all angles.

Who are you wanting to sue?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

The license holder I assume for taking this mans word that I called him a name which I didn't and my partner can vouch for that

Expert:  Jo C. replied 4 years ago.
I'm really sorry if I'm missing the point but on what basis?

What are you saying he has done that is unlawful? Or is your question whether this amounts to anything for which you can sue?