How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 32086
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

I was married and divorced in Zimbabwe. My ex is a Zim resident

Customer Question

I was married and divorced in Zimbabwe. My ex is a Zim resident but British by decent. I am a British citizen and so our my 2 children. I have custody and he has guadianship. I would now with my new husband like to immigrate to Australia and my ex has been an absent from the boys lives completely since April 2006. I did receive consent to immigrate to the UK. How do I get consent now if he does not respond to my request? Do I apply to the UK courst for consent?
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Clare replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for your question
I shall do my best to assist you but I need some further information first.
How long have the children lived in the Uk and do you have an address for your ex?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I have lived in the Uk for over 7 years and I don't have a physical address for my ex.


Expert:  Clare replied 4 years ago.
Do you have any way of contacting him?