How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Buachaill Your Own Question
Buachaill, Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10952
Experience:  Barrister 17 years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Buachaill is online now

hello,i am a british citizen by birth.. i live and am self

Customer Question

hello, i am a british citizen by birth.. i live and am self employed in the uk. i married my tunisian wife in tunisia. i am also an italian passport holder(dual nationality - italian parents) and married my wife with my italian passport thru the italian embassy in tunis. she now has an italian visa...if she has residence in italy and is issued with an 'italian identity card'//can she enter the uk bypassing the spouse visa system? thank you Gabriele di Vitantonio


ps. my wife is also pregnant(3 months)..

Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Buachaill replied 4 years ago.
1. Yes, once your wife is issued with an identity card from any EU country, such as Italy, then she can live in any member state of the EU, including the UK. The EU provisions on the free movement of persons allows for this to happen.
Please RATE the Answer positively so that I may get paid
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

thank you...much appreciated.

Expert:  Buachaill replied 4 years ago.
You are welcome. Please RATE the Answer positively. Otherwise your Expert does not get paid as your money remains with the website.