How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Buachaill Your Own Question
Buachaill, Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10955
Experience:  Barrister 17 years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Buachaill is online now

How can I get money back that was leant to an individual?

Customer Question

How can I get money back that was leant to an individual?
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Buachaill replied 4 years ago.

Buachaill :

1. The straightforward method of getting money back you have lent someone is by suing them. You can do this through the courts or you can use the government debt recovery service at If you are doing it through the courts, I would recommend that you use the services of a solicitor. HOwever, if you view this as an expensive and time consuming method, you could alternatively seek to create an equal debt owed by you to this person and set the two debts off against each other. For example if this person was in business, you could order services from this business until the value of their debt to up has been attained. The law would then allow you to set one debt off against the other.

Buachaill :

Please RATE the Answer positively so that I may get paid