How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 32177
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

A colleague accused me of pushing him with my finger 4 years

Customer Question

A colleague accused me of pushing him with my finger 4 years ago though he was actually the one who assaulted me. ( I have just traced a witness who saw what happened) He employed a no win no fee solicitor several miles from my home -250-300 miles probably.
The case was going very well in my favour and the presiding judge in the county court transferred the case to multi track. The claimant fail to me any of the conditions of the multi track.The claimant's solicitor failed to reply to my letter for standard disclosure of documents limited to the the issue of quantum of damages. my request for original copy was also ignored.the failed to meet the dateline or even to reply at all. They also failed to meet the dateline of supplying witness statement and failed completely to reply at.Their expert witness failed to reply to my questions by dateline and completely failed to reply at all. According to notes on the same page it states"if you do not comply with these directives,any other party to the claim will be entitled to apply to the court for an orderthat your statement of case ( claim or defence ) be struck out" so I paid court fee and submitted application to strike out the case. Ireceived no reply. few weeks later another judge emerged from the blues called for pretrial and completely overturned what another judge had already agreed.The new judge then proceeded to award the claimant more than £46000 compensation in a trial which I could not attend due to ill health. Isumitted my sick note to the court as I had a very major operation and on the date of the hearing I fell ill trying to drive to court and informed the court by emails as could not get through by phone
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Alice H replied 4 years ago.
Hello and welcome to Just Answer.

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm happy to help with your question today.

On what date was the judgment entered against you?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Dear Alex On 14 th May 2013
U. ikidde
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Relist: Incomplete answer.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Can another judge replace one that had been handling a case for several months and produce new conditions that removes the claimant from paying court fees. This new judge immediately imposed pre trial without answering my Application to strike off a case in which the claimant had obviously diobeyed all the court conditions and which stated that if the conditions were disobeyed I, defendant or the claimant can apply to have the case struck off.This new judge also proceeded to award a staggering £46200 to claimant( all that the claimant asked for) using this NO WIN ,NO FEE SOLICITOR in my absence despite submitting a medical certificate of sickness to court due to a major surgical procedure.


Optional Information:
System of Law: England-and-Wales
What have you tried so far?: This judgement occurred on 14/05/13.I have applied to have the judgement struck out and pain another £80

Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 4 years ago.


It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're OK with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.

Thank you!
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Relist: Incomplete answer.
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 4 years ago.

We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.

Thank you for your patience,
Expert:  James Mather replied 4 years ago.
On what basis did the claimant get £46k?
What was the claim for?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

The service was not good enough as I answered the questions posed but still no reply till today
Please refund my money £33 and cancel my monthly contribution of £43 ASAP


Dr U. Ikidde