How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask James Mather Your Own Question
James Mather
James Mather,
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 22629
Experience:  Senior Partner at Berkson Wallace
Type Your Law Question Here...
James Mather is online now

if some one has been gifted through a will does their legal

Customer Question

if some one has been gifted through a will does their legal husband have any entitement to trust gift
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  James Mather replied 4 years ago.

Hello, I am Law Denning and I am a practising solicitor in a High Street practice. I have been an expert on this website in UK law since 2008. During that time, as you appreciate, I have answered thousands of questions from satisfied users on a variety of subjects. Because we are all in practice with clients and court and other users, I might not always respond in minutes, particularly evenings and weekends. Please bear with me in that case

It is my pleasure to try and assist you with this today. Please bear with me
while I gather some further information from you in order for me to be able to
advise you fully.

Unless I have all the facts that I need, my answer would not be accurate.

-Could you explain your situation a little more?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

my wife was gifted with house next the person who left her house was also a good friend of my self I was not at the reading of the will so am in the dark a little bit but what what begs the question is if in the future something happens to my wife {god forbid}how do I stand my wife made the house into a trust which leaves me a bit bewildered as when I ask my wife any thing as regards XXXXX XXXXX I am given vague looks also I have been advised by citizens advise to get copy of the will money was given to me from the estate of the lady the monies in no way compensate for what I received which was 10 thou the property being200500

Expert:  James Mather replied 4 years ago.
Why should you be compansated?
Why would you expect more that £10k?
Has yr wife written a will?
Please explain what she has done with the house and what is in the trust. Thanks
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

my wife and I been together for 50 years s 27 of those years have spent living next door to the lady who has been helped time and time again so at times we have made to feel like servants so 10thou over that period would to my mind very reasonable as regards XXXXX XXXXX making a will I am not able to ascertain .my wife has rented the house to a young couple .
what,s in the trust I don't know as I have said when I ask I get a blank look I know nothing about trust laws maybe you can point the way for me yours j Stevenson

Expert:  James Mather replied 4 years ago.

So yr wife got the house worth £200k but you got just £10k and think you should have got more because of what you did for this lady.
Yr wife is being secretive abt the house and has set up some kind of trust which you have no details of.
Is that it?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.


Expert:  James Mather replied 4 years ago.
Unless you are getting divorced your wife can keep you completely in the dark I am afraid.
Does that answer?