How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 32086
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

Hello Good Afternoon In a case of obstructing an officer

Customer Question

Hello Good Afternoon

In a case of obstructing an officer (police) if I had given incorrect details and the next day went to the police station and informed them of what happened, and gave them all of my correct details. Now they are saying that they cannot verify if I had gone to the police station because they cannot find the cctv footage for the police station.

The charge went from Perverting the cause of duty to obstructing an officer.

Does this sound right? and if so what would I need to do. Court date next week.

Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Jo C. replied 4 years ago.

Thank you for your question . My name is Jo and I will try to help with this.

In order to give you an answer tailored to your circumstances, I will just need to ask you some preliminary questions so that I can consider your position from all angles.

-Could you explain your situation a little more?