How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 32086
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

Dear Madam/Sir, Greetings, My daughter intends to file divorce

Customer Question

Dear Madam/Sir,
My daughter intends to file divorce petition. She has been married in December 2007 out side Europe/UK but now lives in London and both of them are British citizens . She and her husband are employed,have no children and no property. His salary is twice than her salary. she has been doing complete house hold jobs by herself without any help from her husband through these 5 years.
She has moved out of house since a month and now lives separately.
The question is whether she is entitled of 50% of total savings of both of them
I had given her husband 2500 Euro as an assistance during his education in the year 2006.We have a bank proof. I again gave equivalent to 10000 Sterling pounds in 2007 to repay his education loan to his father. we have bank details through which payment is made.
Her husband has given her ( my daughter) approximately 35-40% of money and says that he as been more than fair to her in giving money and is asking for the ornaments his parents have given to my daughter during marriage, though it should not be more than 3500 sterling pounds.
can we ask him the money given by me and the 50% sahre of savings and 50% price of the car he is having. The money given by me was not as gift and not loan as well. We are prepared to return the ornaments if he agrees to return money given by me.
Form D8 for divorce petition has been filled-in. Request, please let me know what documents are required to be attached along with the petition. We are having copy of her marriage certificate.
We desire a trouble free separation.
Request your guidance in the matter
Many thanks for your cooperation
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Clare replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for your question
I shall do my best to assist you but I need some further information first
How much are the savings and how much do they actually each earn?