How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Buachaill Your Own Question
Buachaill, Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10944
Experience:  Barrister 17 years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Buachaill is online now

I failed to provide superannuation monies received whilst on

Customer Question

I failed to provide superannuation monies received whilst on disability pension I believed they were exempt I may go to jail cant eat sleep can government authorities take money I owe from my sons
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Buachaill replied 4 years ago.

Buachaill :

1. At the outset, the government authorities cannot take any money you owe from your sons. In law, each person is a separate independent entity and sons bear no liability for the debts of their father. It is only you who has a liability, not your sons. Secondly, be aware that you are most unlikely to get jail for a error of this nature. It is not a serious offence in the scheme of things and apart from a slap of the wrists, you will not be treated harshly and certainly you won't get jail. So don't worry unduly and loose sleep over it. Get back to eating again and try to put this matter to one side, as it is not worth getting ill over it.

Buachaill :

Please RATE the Answer positively so that I may get paid