How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 71154
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

i had a new cluch fitted three mounths ago and saterday last

Customer Question

i had a new cluch fitted three mounths ago and saterday last it brook down and now the garage is trying to charge me for a new cluch again is this right
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Jo C. replied 4 years ago.

Thank you for your question . My name is Jo and I will try to help with this.

In order to give you an answer tailored to your circumstances, I will just need to ask you some preliminary questions so that I can consider your position from all angles.

Have you taken it back to the same garage?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.


Expert:  Jo C. replied 4 years ago.
What is there account for how this came about?

What is the cause of the fault? Have they told you?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

they are saying that the thrush bearing disinter grated and distroyed thecluch plate

Expert:  Jo C. replied 4 years ago.
Sorry, perhaps I can be clearer.

Did the fault lie with your car or with the clutch they provided?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

with the cluch they provided

Expert:  Jo C. replied 4 years ago.
Thank you.

If the fault lies with their clutch not your car then they cannot charge you a second time. On those facts they supplied you with a faulty item and they are liable to replace it for free.

It would be different if the fault lay with your car although even then you could argue that they should have anticipated it unless you instructed them not to investigate the fault.

If they refuse to comply though then your only option is to sue. If a company will not comply with the law you cannot beat them with a stick until they do! You can pay and issue against them at the small claims court here

Hope this helps. Please let me know if you need more information.