How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Alice H Your Own Question
Alice H
Alice H, Solicitor/Partner
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 2850
Experience:  Partner in national law firm
Type Your Law Question Here...
Alice H is online now

i have recently taken part in an adult apprenticeship course

Customer Question

i have recently taken part in an adult apprenticeship course with ATL practical training, due to an unforeseen circumstance i'm unable to complete the course. i have signed a contract agreement with CDF (career development finance LTD) for the course, i have gone over my 21 day cancellation notice.

would you be able to help me and give me advice on how i could cancel this agreement if possible with no further payments?
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Alice H replied 4 years ago.
Hello and welcome to Just Answer.

My name is Alex and I'm happy to help with your question today.

How much is owed?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

hello alex,


owed is just over £5000. iv currently looked into these companies more and read some forums, with the forums not saying any good words about these companies.

Expert:  Alice H replied 4 years ago.
Thanks. What is the reason for withdrawing from the course?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

i cant afford to be paying for the course anymore due to my girlfriend being pregnant

Expert:  Alice H replied 4 years ago.
Well that's good news! But unfortunately the fees issue is not so great.

You are tied into a contract in which you agreed to pay fees for a course.

You are outside the cancellation period.

If you cancel now you will still be liable for the fee as a matter of contract law.

You can ask the company if you can exit the agreement by paying a penalty (less than £5,000).

They may be willing to take your change of circumstances into account.

But they would be within their rights to seek the full amount.