How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Joshua Your Own Question
Joshua, Lawyer
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 26070
Experience:  LL.B (Hons), Higher Prof. Dip. Law & Practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Joshua is online now

My 93 yr old mother receives a coontribution from her local

Customer Question

My 93 yr old mother receives a coontribution from her local authority to Care Home fees. She has investments totaling £15,000. Her current account balance from her pensions stands at approx. £10,000. She wants to give £5,000 to my daughter to help repay a student loan. Will this be treated as an 'improper disposal' of income and so put at risk her entitlement ot local authority support?
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Joshua replied 4 years ago.

Josh-2010 :

May I clarify with you that your mothers total net worth is circa £25K please? Does she have a property in addition to this?