How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 32086
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

I have been divorced from my ex for approx. 25 years but have

Customer Question

I have been divorced from my ex for approx. 25 years but have recently received a cheque for the endowment we had on our mortgage. Apparently my name was never taken off even though I signed a disclaimer. The cheque came in my new married name. Do I legally have to give my ex the money back?
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Clare replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for your question
I shall do my best to assist you but I need some further information first
was a financial order made within the Divorce Proceedings?
Has your ex asked for the money back?