How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 32177
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

My house has been hit by a drunken driver resulting in the

Customer Question

My house has been hit by a drunken driver resulting in the boundary wall and most of the bay view window being demolished. My insurance company are claiming the costs for extensive repairs from the car driver's insurance. I would like some advice as to whether I am entitled to any compensation for the stress and trauma this has cause me. I have had a week off work so far but haven't lost earnings although I've had to use some of my annual leave entitlement. I am finding it difficult to sleep and have had an almost constant headache since the incident happened 5 days ago. I also had to spend the first 3 nights sleeping on an air bed on my kitchen floor as it was unsafe to use the first floor until the front of the building had been made safe. Any advise you can give me would be appreciated, thank you.
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  leanne-jones replied 4 years ago.
Hello - my name is Leanne and it will be my pleasure to assist you today.

Were you injured at all?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
No I wasn't injured
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Hello Leanne no I wasn't injured