How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask leanne-jones Your Own Question
leanne-jones, Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 183
Experience:  Barrister
Type Your Law Question Here...
leanne-jones is online now

My husband had an affair with a work colleague and she gave

Customer Question

My husband had an affair with a work colleague and she gave him money. The affair came out, and I then found out she had given him the cash. The affair has ended and now she is hounding me with phonecalls asking me for the money back. Can I do anything legally to stop her harassing me?
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  leanne-jones replied 4 years ago.
Hello - my name is Leanne and it will be my pleasure to assist you today.

You should speak with the Police. Harassment is where a person pursues a course of conduct likely to cause alarm, harassment or distress. The Police can investigate this and warn her to stay away or stop contacting you.

If she continues to contact you then the Police can prosecute and seek an injunction to stop her from doing so. If she breaches this injunction she could be sent to prison for breach of the restraining order.

You could also seek a civil injunction but you would need to instruct a Solicitor to issue proceedings and represent you in Court. So I would recommend going to the Police first of all.

I hope this answers your question and if I can be of any further assistance please do not hesitate to contact me.

Expert:  leanne-jones replied 4 years ago.
I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help?