How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask leanne-jones Your Own Question
leanne-jones, Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 183
Experience:  Barrister
Type Your Law Question Here...
leanne-jones is online now

We are tendering for a contract in which our creit file is

Customer Question

We are tendering for a contract in which our creit file is required We recently discovered a CCJ on the file that was not satisfied so we satisfied it. Before we did did our score was 13 when it showed as satisfied our score went to 26 within 24 hours the county court realised the ccj was not ours and removed it entirely and informed the credit file company. We then of course expected our score to raise as the ccj was gone but the creit file company say no there will be no change even though they altered the score with the ccj showing as satisfied. We need our score to go over 30 of which we thought it would now what can we do we have tried complaining but they wont change it.
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  leanne-jones replied 4 years ago.
Hello - my name is XXXXX XXXXX it will be my pleasure to assist you today.

Which provider is your score with? To be clear the ccj has been cancelled or marked satisfied?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

hi the provider was creditsafe, On 18th June the CCJ was marked satisfied and the score rose to 26 on 20th June the trust informed creditsafe the CCJ was removed from the record entirely



Customer: replied 4 years ago.

hi did you get my reply?

Expert:  leanne-jones replied 4 years ago.
Do you have a certificate of cancellation for the CCJ?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
The court informed creditsafe T
Expert:  leanne-jones replied 4 years ago.
Do you have a certificate of cancellation or something in writing from the Court?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Expert:  leanne-jones replied 4 years ago.
Thanks. Have they said why the score does not change? Is it because of your financials?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
All the remainder info on the file is the same as before the judgement was removed
Expert:  leanne-jones replied 4 years ago.
Have they said that your score remains before of financials or some other reason?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
My point is that they ajusted the scire before they new that the ccj was gone
Expert:  leanne-jones replied 4 years ago.
Yes I understand. What I do not have is the formula of their scripts and how they calculate a score.

However what you can do is formally write and invoke the corporate complaints procedure. They will have to investigate the matter and report back to you. If you are not satisfied with the response then you could bring proceedings.

You would need a Solicitor to prepare documents and represent you in Court. But potentially you have a claim under S.13 of the Sale and Supply Goods and Services Act as they have failed to act with all reasonable skill and care. Further you could seek a declaration from the Court that the process and the scoring is defective.

I agree, usually I would expect to see a higher score of a CCJ had been cancelled. This is why you need to take the above action. But start with a formal complain in writing (not email), this may get the matter resolved for you.

I hope that your question has been answered and if I can be of any further assistance please do not hesitate to contact me.