How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 32086
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

I have a 31 year old son who was adopted and has said to Social

Customer Question

I have a 31 year old son who was adopted and has said to Social Services he doesn't want to meet me, his birth mother. I have got his address and telephone number from a private detective agency and now want a solicitor to write to him and ask him to meet me possibly at a solicitor's office, in case he is nervous of meeting me.
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  James Mather replied 4 years ago.

If he has said that to Social Services why do you not want to take that as his wishes?


What is your actual question?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I refuse to accept that he will not see me. I want to keep asking him until he changes his mind, and think a lawyer is the best person to persuade him to see it from a different perspective. For instance he could honour his mother-me. He could make an old woman happy. I have been upset and heartbroken without him all these years.