How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 34896
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practice since 1985 with a wide general experience.
Type Your Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

Good afternoon, I have had a Parnetal access agreement from

Customer Question

Good afternoon,
I have had a Parnetal access agreement from my local County Court since Sept 2012. Which has allowed me to see my children every other weekend from then. Recently my ex has started making plans for our children on my weekends and only give me a few days notice, which means I have changed my plans to fit in these activities. Last weekend I was told that I couldn't see them as they had plans, and has sine not spoken to me when I asked if that meant we were shaping weekends.

For about the last six months she has refused to pack a bag for them, and now is holding me to ransom over the fact that I take my son to get his hair cut.

1) Is this a breach of the first act?
2) Will the enforment act stop this in the future?
3) What do I do if this game continues after the enforcement act?

Kind regards

Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  James Mather replied 4 years ago.

Hello, I am Law Denning and I am a practising solicitor in a High
Street practice. I have been an expert on this website in UK law since 2008.
During that time, as you appreciate, I have answered thousands of questions
from satisfied users on a variety of subjects.

Because we are all in practice with clients and court and other
users, I might not always respond in
minutes, particularly evenings and weekends. Please bear with me in that

It is my pleasure to try and assist you with this today. Please bear with me
while I gather some further information from you in order for me to be able to advise
you fully.

What does the order say exactly?
Expert:  Clare replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
It is indeed a breach of the order if your ex does not ensure that the children attend contact and she should not make arrangements for them on those weekends without your agreement
I am afraid that she does not have to provide anything at all for the weekends the children spend with you - and since the children live with her and not you you should not arrange haircuts without her agreement although legally you are entitled to do so
You are taking the right step in applying to enforce the order
The court will give her a warning - if she continues to break the order then a Fine r Community Service could be ahead of her
I hope that this is of assitance - please ask if you need more information
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Thank you very much for your assistance and speedy response, it is much appreciated.

Enjoy the rest of your day.

Kind regards

Expert:  Clare replied 4 years ago.
You are most welcome - good luck