How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 32086
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

i wonder if anyone can help - my son is due to get married

Customer Question

i wonder if anyone can help - my son is due to get married in slovakia in august but is having trouble getting "proof of residence" in order to be able to do so - we have sent copies of bank statements sent to him at our home address, copies of letters from Student Loan company, a letter from his school saying he lived here plus birth certificate and many other documents! he lived here throughout his education until going to Manchester University, then worked in London for a while before going to Samoa on an internship this year - this is due to finish at the end of July but doesn't give him the statutory 6weeks to live in this country in order to get the certificate. The church is booked, guests invited but at this rate, there will be no wedding! I would be grateful for any advice! rose xxxxx

Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  James Mather replied 4 years ago.

Hello, I am Law Denning and I am a practising solicitor in a High
Street practice. I have been an expert on this website in UK law since 2008.
During that time, as you appreciate, I have answered thousands of questions
from satisfied users on a variety of subjects.

Because we are all in practice with clients and court and other
users, I might not always respond in
, particularly evenings and weekends. Please bear with me in that

It is my pleasure to try and assist you with this today. Please bear with me
while I gather some further information from you in order for me to be able to
advise you fully.

bear with me today because I will be
online and off-line.

Who is
asking for these documents?

trouble is he having exactly?

Do you
know what kind of thing they would accept?

Do you
think they would accept a legal document showing where he lived? (I can tell you how to get that)