How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 71031
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

Hi, I would like to ask , I have been convicted for drink driving

Customer Question

Hi, I would like to ask , I have been convicted for drink driving and banned for 3 years from 19 of april 2010. Where can I find out if I do drink driving course I can reduce it by 9 month so I can start driving next month
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Jo C. replied 4 years ago.

Thank you for your question . My name is Jo and I will try to help with this.

In order to give you an answer tailored to your circumstances, I will just need to ask you some preliminary questions so that I can consider your position from all angles.

What did you blow?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I refused to blow

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Who do I need to contact if I can do course or find out

Expert:  Jo C. replied 4 years ago.
How did you come to be convicted of drink driving if you refused to blow?

If this is a conviction for refusing to provide that would change things.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I have been told later if you refuse thats meant you have been convicted without blowing

Expert:  Jo C. replied 4 years ago.

So do you know which offence you were convicted of?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Drink driving

Expert:  Jo C. replied 4 years ago.

Were you offered the drink driving course at court? They would have said they were offering it.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Im not sure thats why I need to find out if I can do that course or not

Expert:  Jo C. replied 4 years ago.
Thanks for the information. Sorry for the delay. I'm in a court with limited coverage so I can't respond that quickly.

The simple truth here is that it depends. You can do the course if you were offered it and you are in time. You don't know whether you were or not so you have to either call the court and ask or if they cannot help seek the memorandum of conviction which would assist.

I imagine you didn't have a solicitor given the charge but if you did then your solicitors will have a note.

Also since you have served more than 2 years you can always return to court and ask to be removed from disqualification. You do have to show a change of circumstances but it often succeeds.

Can I clarify anything else for you?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thanks I will contact court

Expert:  Jo C. replied 4 years ago.
No problem.

Let me know if you need more information.

Please remember to rate my answer.