How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 32086
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

my daughters are 11.5 and 13 and have been living with their

Customer Question

my daughters are 11.5 and 13 and have been living with their faher for 6.5 years.the father was granted custody.however both my children want to live with me and now there is a court hearing as the father is refusing the childrens wishes. my question is : if the courts decide in fathers favour can my child come and live with me when they turn 16 and what are the complications legally if the father carries on with his wish of holding on tothe children? the cafcass officer apparently told my eldest that even when she turns 16 it is not easy as there will be a lot of complications and paper that true?
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Law